Hello, LYS Nation. This is the 2,300th post to the column, so as has become a tradition, we will review our progress.
First, the review
The 1st post was on Monday, February 16, 2009.
The 100th post was on April 14, 2009.
The 200th post was on June 10, 2009
The 300th post was on September 2, 2009
The 400th post was on December 16, 2009
The 500th post was on April 7, 2010
The 600th post was on August 2, 2010
The 700th post was on December 17, 2010
The 800th post was on May 17, 2011
The 900th post was on October 5, 2011
The 1,000th post was on March 7, 2012
The 1,100th post was on August 24, 2012
The 1,200th post was on February 1, 2013
The 1,300th post was on June 5, 2013
The 1,400th post was on October 30, 2013
The 1,500th post was on April 7, 2014
The 1,600th post was on September 18, 2014
The 1,700th post was on February 20, 2015
The 1,800th post was on June 25, 2015
The 1,900th post was on November 12, 2015
The 2,000th post was on April 21, 2016
The 2,100th post was on October 25, 2016
The 2,200th post was on April 27, 2017
The 2,300th post is today, October 9, 2017
The top 10 posts (from the last 200 posts), in terms of distribution, have been:
1. The First of Only Two Truths About Vouchers (6/28/17)
2. Vouchers – The Lie of My Money Follows My Child (6/27/17)
3. Vouchers and Accountability: The Faulty Logic of the Dishonest Politician (6/22/17)
4. The Second of Only Two Truths About Vouchers (6/29/17)
5. Correlation is not Causation (12/15/16)
6. A Superintendent Writes… How Well Meaning Politicians Hurt Students (11/16/17)
7. Your Critical Writing Cheat Sheet (11/10/17)
8. School Vouchers – Public Money to Support Ism’s (7/20/17)
9. School Vouchers and Problem of Inequitable Funding (7/18/17)
10. A Teacher’s Take on The Fundamental 5 (11/17/16)
There are now international readers and e-mail subscribers, with the following 52 countries represented: Australia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Cook Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Hungary, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, U.S. Virgin Islands, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
A little blatant self-promotion
First, if you like the blog and you haven’t signed up for the e-mail subscription, please do so. I find that it’s easier to write to people than it is to write to web hits.
Second, if you like the blog and find it useful, tell three other people. This blog is a much more powerful resource for school improvement when it is a dialogue.
Third, if you have not sent in a comment yet, please do so. Education research points out that the act of critical writing actually makes the learner smarter. Let the blog assist you in sharpening your saw.
Thank you so much for reading and responding. This network, which started out as a way for just a handful of principals to stay connected has turned into a small nation of board members, central office administrators, campus leaders, and teachers who are focused on redefining student success. Who knows what we will discuss in the next 100 posts.
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook