Dishonest Political Logic: We need vouchers to save poor public school children from failing public schools. The parents of these poor children will use the vouchers to assist in paying for tuition at good private schools.
Honest Question: How do we know that public schools are failing?
Dishonest Political Logic: We know that public schools are failing because they are not meeting state accountability standards.
Honest Question: How do we know that private schools are good?
Dishonest Political Logic: We know that private schools are good because they are not failing to meet state accountability standards. BECAUSE THERE ARE NO STATE ACCOUNTABILITY STANDARDS FOR PRIVATE SCHOOLS.
Honest Question: So instead of vouchers, why don’t we level the playing field?
Either repeal state public school accountability standards. Then just like private schools, there will be no unacceptable public schools. This would seem to be a small government, fiscally conservative solution.
Or make private schools meet all state accountability and operational standards. This is kind of a big government solution. But at least both of these solutions are… honest.
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Virginia Middle and High School Principals Conference; The National Principals Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- State Of The Blog – The Last 100 Posts (2,800 And Counting) November 19, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 18, 2019 November 18, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019