Lead Your School represents a cadre of educators from across the country that are driven to maximize student opportunities and to lead the profession by example and action. @LYSNation is one way to share information, ideas, and reflections with those incredible teachers and school leaders. These are the Top 10 tweets shared in the past week.
- Me no cry because cookie is finished. Me smile because cookie happened. (By @MeCookieMonster)
- Once you’re afraid of the consequences of telling the truth, you’re done.” -Dr Fauci (By @JoeNBC)
- Leaders who complain about unmotivated employees are making statements about their leadership. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- Have more meetings at round tables than across desks. (By @TxPrincipalOrg)
- We don’t have voter fraud in Texas, but we did have massive systemwide grid failure, statewide power outages, busted water pipes, no water and high electricity bills. Um. Now I understand why some elected officials are trying to limit and restrict people’s right to vote. (By @SylvesterTurner)
- You can’t be bitter and grateful at the same time. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- “When you care more about getting things right than being right, you get better outcomes, and you save time and energy.” (By @tgrierhisd)
- Severe illness and death aren’t the only harms posed by Covid. If you’re infected, the virus travels throughout your body and could cause long-haul symptoms. (By @DrTomFrieden)
- Negatives never create a positive future. Don’t expect positive environments when all you do is talk about problems. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- All the time you spent complaining, blaming others, focusing on what you “deserved” but didn’t get? It made you 0% better. It could’ve and should’ve been spent on making progress, on controlling what you can control, on getting better. Own your growth. Do the work. (By @KevinDeShazo)
Lead Your School, Wash Your Hands, and Get Your Shot!
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.