The First Truth About Vouchers: They are really about tax breaks and subsidies for the affluent.
Who attends private schools now? Overwhelmingly, the children of the upper middle class and the affluent. Solely, due to their own personal choice, these people pay both private school tuition and public school taxes. If their public school taxes are diverted back to them as a voucher that can be used to reduce the cost of private school tuition, that is the same as giving these upper middle class and affluent families a tax subsidy.
Meaning that the only choice that a school voucher represents is the political choice to disguise a tax cut for those who need it the least.
For the Second Truth About Vouchers, click HERE.
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Virginia Middle and High School Principals Conference; The National Principals Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – Five Fest 2019 Edition October 30, 2019
- Just 4 Days Away – The Fundamental 5 National Summit October 23, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – October 21, 2019 October 21, 2019
- A Reader Asks… PowerWalks and The Fundamental 5 October 17, 2019