Beginning on August 25, 2017 the United States and its territories faced an unprecedented series of hurricanes and flood events that devastated thousands of schools. In response, LYS announced what was to be a one month donation challenge that was quickly stretched to encompass the entire 2017 Fall Semester. Here are the final results and donation totals for the PowerWalks Hurricane Relief Challenge.
- 5,208 PowerWalks Classroom Visits
- $300.00 Hurricane Relief Donation
- 39,159 PowerWalks Classroom Visits
- $2,000.00 Hurricane Relief Donation
- 49,234 PowerWalks Classroom Visits
- $2,500.00 Hurricane Relief Donation
- 37,686 PowerWalks Classroom Visits
- $1,900.00 Hurricane Relief Donation
- 25,799 PowerWalks Classroom Visits
- $1,300.00 Hurricane Relief Donation
- 157,086 PowerWalks Classroom Visits
- $8,400.00 Hurricane Relief Donation
The $8,400.00 PowerWalks Hurricane Relief Donation will be distributed as follows:
- Aransas County Independent School District (Texas) – $4,000.00
- Monroe County School District (Florida) – $1,700.00
- Puerto Rico Department of Education – $1,700.00
- The U.S. Virgin Islands Department of Education – $1,000.00
LYS Nation, thank you for the effort and dedication!
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Workshop (Keynote); NASSP National Principals Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on facebook.