Lead Your School represents a cadre of educators from across the country that are driven to maximize student opportunities and to lead the profession by example and action. @LYSNation is one way to share information, ideas, and reflections with those incredible teachers and school leaders. These are the Top 10 tweets shared in the past week.
- I intentionally put what I’ve learned from The Fundamental 5 (Cain and Laird) into practice in my classroom and the growth I’ve seen is remarkable. Recognizing and reinforcing positive behavior can work miracles. Every educator should read this book! (By @BookWorm314159)
- Education is not a cost but an investment in the future of our state and nation. (By @pastors4OKkids)
- “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” -JFK (By @Leadershipfreak)
- I’m hearing from many parents about how teachers are performing heroically in difficult and scary times to provide comfort, humor, empathy, and instruction. Teachers are always superheroes. Now they seem to have even another gear of awesomeness. They are the best of what unites us. (By @DanRather)
- Never criticize unless you’re ready to pursue solutions. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- 1 in 5 teachers (20%) said they are likely to quit after this school year. If that number is accurate, that means around 740,000 of the 3.7 million teachers will not be returning for 2021-2022 school year. (By @NicholasFerroni)
- We have been hearing “feel good talk” for months about how we are going to get through Covid-19 together. Most communities are still fractured, and people are looking for leaders that will point to ‘what’ needs to be done and ‘how’ to get to the light at the end of the tunnel. (By @tgrierhsid)
- Tomorrow reflects who we are today. The way you show up today predicts the world you experience tomorrow. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- School districts can make getting a Covid-19 vaccine a mandatory condition of employment. Still, some will be skeptical of the vaccine. Superintendents should lead by example and use social media to show staff they, too, are being vaccinated. (By @tgrierhisd)
- Imagine thinking humans have a right to Twitter but not to healthcare. (By @3littleredbones)
Lead Your School and Wash Your Hands!
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.