Last week (on 3/29/17) I shared how I would respond to a teacher who was skeptical about the value of PowerWalks. Today’s post highlights what the Davis Report states about PowerWalks and improved teaching. Click HERE to read the entire report.
1. The Davis Report presents evidence that suggests strong relationships exist between PowerWalks, the Fundamental 5 and rigorous classroom instruction.
2. The frequency of implementation of The Fundamental 5 on campuses with more PowerWalks was considerably higher than on campuses with fewer PowerWalks.
3. In general, it is extremely difficult to establish causality between two correlated events or observances. However, when a correlation between two variables is known, predictions can be made. A rooster crows because he has an internal clock that helps him anticipate sunrise. A crowing rooster does not cause sunrise. However, a safe prediction would be that there is a strong likelihood of sunrise when the rooster crows early in the morning.
4. Based on the data, the following predictions seem logical:
A. Frequent PowerWalks will positively impact the utilization of The Fundamental 5. B. The frequency with which The Fundamental 5 are practiced in the classroom will positively impact rigor. C. PowerWalks + The Fundamental 5 = more rigorous classroom instruction.
5. Implementation of PowerWalks and The Fundamental 5 increases the likelihood that instruction will be delivered in a way that teachers believe is effective.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASCD Summer Conference, The National Principals Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – Five Fest 2019 Edition October 30, 2019
- Just 4 Days Away – The Fundamental 5 National Summit October 23, 2019