In response to the 6/5/14 post, “Resume Basics,” a LYS Principal writes:
One way to stand out is an online résumé! Check out re.vu Here is what mine currently looks like, http://re.vu/jessicahanson
SC Response I like it. Click on the link because it is worth checking out. Here’s the website, http://re.vu if you want to create your own.
I would definitely suggest that teachers and assistant principals do this or have something like it along with a more traditional resume. The reason for this is that the experience set for teachers and AP’s is more similar than dissimilar. Any positive thing that separates you from the pack is an asset. Once you become a principal, experiences, results and connections are what will separate you from the pack. The quality of those and the interview are what will get you the next job.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: NAESP National Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote Presentation)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook