I had an advertisement show up in my e-mail this morning that read, “… Our test helps confirm teachers’ opinions about a student’s readiness…”
It was comments and products like the one mentioned above that was one of my primary motivations for starting this blog. Assessments are not about confirming a teacher’s opinion. Assessments are about providing information to teachers so they can better meet the needs of their students in order to ensure that everyone is moving forward. Teachers and administrators need to know where their students are in terms of mastering the content. Our opinion of that fact is at best neutral to our students and at worst a detriment to our students.
Think. Work. Achieve.
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- State Of The Blog – The Last 100 Posts (2,800 And Counting) November 19, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 18, 2019 November 18, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019