If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- Here’s the secret to building relationships: Actually like kids. That’s it. No fancy handshakes, no dancing and singing like a fool every morning. That stuff is for show and kids know it. Just like kids. It’s easy. And if you don’t, find something else to do. (By @ModestTeacher)
- Too many want 5 minutes of fame instead of working 10,000 hours to become great. Fame doesn’t last. Character through hard work does. (By @JonGordon)
- “The state will need to spend more on education, at every age, and at every skills level, if Texas wants to grow a competitive workforce, [Kaplan] said.” (By @mishshel)
- “The public schools the framers conjured ask the taxpayers to splurge on fairness, not privilege, to pull together, not away.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence. (By @CoachKWisdom)
- Common formative assessments are designed around learning targets that come from essential standards. They drive Tier 1 instruction and response. (By @cjakcic)
- Researchers have documented the negative impact of “social undermining” — people who gossip, carry grudges, and otherwise bring you down. Not surprisingly, “Social undermining was found to have a bigger impact than social support.” Get rid of those bad apples on your team. (By @tgrierhisd)
- Teachers on a collaborative team still use classroom formative assessments. These might be exit tickets or quick checks of the important learning for today’s lesson. (By @cjakcic)
- Grade inflation is a huge problem. In MANY districts, Advanced Placement teachers give students an A or B on their report card, all year, and they score a 1 or 2 on the AP Exam. (By @tgrierhisd)
- The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us, but those who win battles we know nothing about. (By @CoachKWisdom)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: ASCD Empower Conference; TASSP Summer Conference (Keynote); NAESP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations) NASSP Summer Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.