Lead Your School represents a cadre of educators from across the country that are driven to maximize student opportunities and to lead the profession by example and action. @LYSNation is one way to share information, ideas, and reflections with those incredible teachers and school leaders. These are the Top 10 tweets shared in the past week.
- Tomorrow I’ll get vaccinated against Covid-19! You know what I’m going to do right after? I’m going to wear a mask, always. I’ll take the exact same precautions that have kept me safe for months in the ER and in public. I’m going to act as if I’m not vaccinated. But will be grateful I am. (By @Craig_A_Spencer)
- I don’t know who needs to hear this but the teachers I know are working harder and doing more than ever before! Don’t get down, those kids are smiling behind those masks! (By @thornell5)
- Your ghost students aren’t hard core dropouts (yet). It’s just that your current educational program can’t cut through the noise and meet their needs. (By @LYSNation)
- As this year continues to bring many challenges, remember to hold on to the small victories and just know you’re doing amazing work. (By @mr_Alsheimer)
- I don’t purport to have the wisdom to say who should be first in the vaccine line, but Utah Governor’s decision to put teachers in the first group will mean a lot to a profession that has been beat up for a decade and students who very much need stability. (By @DerekWBlack)
- Return elementary children to school as soon as you can safely and operationally do so. Secondary students once teachers, support staff receive a vaccine. Vaccines, as I have said since March are the key. Big question—Are schools going to require students to be vaccinated? (By @tgrierhisd)
- Just FYI: If all schools are private schools, funded by vouchers, then all you’ve done is reproduce the current system…only without transparency, oversight, or public governance. It’s not like every school will be Phillips Andover. (By @Edu_Historian)
- Strength of humility is honesty. Arrogance lies and misleads to protect image, status, and position. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- So either Clarence Thomas, Amy Coney Barrett, Brett Kavanaugh, Neil Gorsuch, Samuel Alito, Brian Kemp, Doug Ducey, the FBI, the CIA, and the entire state Republican Parties of Georgia, Arizona, Michigan, and Pennsylvania are part of a deep state conspiracy or… Trump lost. (By @Mikel_Jollett)
- My grandfather was an Air Force pilot of renown and a contemporary of Chuck Yeager. I asked him who was the better pilot. He said, “There’s Yeager, and then there is all the rest of us.” RIP, General. (By @LYSNation)
Lead Your School and Wash Your Hands!
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.