Lead Your School represents a cadre of educators from across the country that are driven to maximize student opportunities and to lead the profession by example and action. @LYSNation is one way to share information, ideas, and reflections with those incredible teachers and school leaders. These are the Top 10 tweets shared in the past week.
- If people wear a mask and the science is wrong, people will have been mildly inconvenienced for a while. If people don’t wear a mask and the science is right, hundreds of thousands of people will needlessly die. It’s not that hard. (By @ToddOnFranchise)
- If a hospital worker can wear a mask nonstop during a 10-hour shift. If women can wear masks during labor. You can wear a mask while running an errand. (By @NYGovCuomo)
- Maybe I’m out of touch but I believe in respect. I believe in science. I believe that teachers are professionals in a classroom or online. I believe in community service and helping our fellow man. I believe hate equals hurt. I believe that each of us can do better. (By @oktoy2020)
- It’s always been about “local decision-making” until someone from the state or federal level doesn’t like the local decision. This isn’t new for educators. (By @suptdrmccormick)
- When you invest in public education you can help end the school to prison pipeline, create informed voters, and have thriving equitable communities. Why would they have us fighting over scraps of funding then? Why wouldn’t they invest in our kids? (By @oktoy2020)
- If you are suspending students for taking pictures that may portray the school district in a bad light… maybe the students and their phones aren’t the problem. (By @principalspage)
- “None of us were hired for the times when everything is going right, we were hired for our abilities to work through the times when they are not.” (By @jeff_mccanna)
- If school openings are for the economy to open back up, then corporations should help fund needs and resources for schools. I’m tired of teachers having to beg and fund raise to do their job. Especially now! (By @DrBradJohnson)
- “Teachers should have access to “medical grade PPE” so schools can safely reopen, a pediatrician told CNN.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- Cover your mouth AND nose with mask. (By @tgrierhisd)
Lead Your School and Wash Your Hands!
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.