Lead Your School represents a cadre of educators from across the country that are driven to maximize student opportunities and to lead the profession by example and action. @LYSNation is one way to share information, ideas, and reflections with those incredible teachers and school leaders. These are the Top 10 tweets shared in the past week.
- As long as I live, I will never understand how masks came to be viewed as a political statement, rather than science-based evidence of taking care of each other. Never, never, never. (By @Chookooloonks)
- There is no earthly reason this nation should be defiled by Confederate statues. —Eugene Robinson (By @LYSNation)
- Solving the Confederate monument problem is easy: Tear them all down. —Eugene Robinson (By @LYSNation)
- Failure is not fatal, but failure to change may be. –John Wooden (By @CoachMotto)
- “You have to hold your policy makers accountable for education. Education is the compass of our democracy” (By @SOS_KY)
- School choice pulls money from schools that have the neediest students. School choice is only for families that can transport their children- it does not help the poorest of the poor. (By @Crudd2)
- School choice perpetuates a racist system too. And it’s not a school choice, it’s “schools choose.” (By @antraasa)
- Sad but true. Private schools can reject your child based on grades, behavior, attendance, wrong faith, learning disabilities, ESL, physical disabilities, need for transportation or free/reduced lunch. Fact-schools choose-not parents. (By @DrMarshaFarney)
- The future of our country is inextricably linked with public schools. Do you love our country? Then, you must support our public schools. (By @Griffonsrock)
- Even in a crisis, don’t change your ‘why.’ (By @tgrierhisd)
Lead Your School and Wash Your Hands!
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.