Lead Your School represents a cadre of educators from across the country that are driven to maximize student opportunities and to lead the profession by example and action. @LYSNation is one way to share information, ideas, and reflections with those incredible teachers and school leaders. These are the Top 10 tweets shared in the past week.
- “School choice” is a lie. It is a choice only for rich private interests to monetize a public good for personal profit. It hurts poor kids and kids of color. It is a corruption of the commonweal that redistributes wealth from the have-nots to the haves. End it now. (By @pastors4txkids)
- “Tragically, we now have powerful forces seeking to demonize public schools as ‘failed,’ to divert their already depleted funding to underwrite private schools through school vouchers, and to privatize them for the financial gain of a few.” (By @pastors4txkids)
- Democracy depends on giving every child a great public education. Our nation and our state are counting on it! (By @pastors4OKkids)
- No American should be forced to choose between their health and safety and exercising their right to vote on election day. (By @ProjYellowstone)
- “Equity demands that teaching be anchored primarily on the expectations of the current grade level, rather than reteaching the prior year.” (By @ELmagazine)
- Yikes! A welfare program for the wealthy? Only a tiny fraction of students attend private schools. With the average “scholarship” in Oklahoma being just $2,159 it’s essentially a coupon for those already well off enough to pay for their own private school. (By @pastors4OKkids)
- We have school choice in Texas. You can send your child to a public or private school or homeschool. But only 1 type of school is mandated to be funded by the Texas Constitution and that’s the public school, where the vast majority of children attend. Vouchers take tax money from public schools. (By @rojo2K)
- Good leaders attract followers; great leaders create more leaders. (By @tgrierhisd)
- My main conclusion after 2 days of homeschool: teachers deserve six figure salaries. They teach 30 kids a day. (By @benjaminheddy)
- I always explain to the leaders on my team that I expect them to follow three important tenets: 1. Treat people right. 2. Do the right thing. 3. Do your job. I believe that these actions are foundational when working toward strong organizational health and continued success. (By @DrAndyReddock)
Lead Your School and Wash Your Hands!
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.