If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- How you teach, the daily instructional choices you make, either diminishes or enhances the lives of your students. What do YOU choose to do? (By @LYSNation)
- Segregated school improvement models are not scalable, and hence a dead-end solution for all but the segregationists. (By @LYSNation)
- Segregated school success isn’t earned, it is gamed. (By @LYSNation)
- “The free public education, while guaranteed by our state constitution, is not actually granted by a government, but is a provision of God. Faith convicts us that all children deserve the chance at a great education.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- This 5th grade teacher gets it: “We can’t fund two different school systems. We can hardly afford one.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- Texas students aren’t “trapped in failing schools.” They’re trapped within a system that has underfunded schools and undervalued educators. So, the question is this: Will the 2019 Texas Legislative Session be different? (By @mishshel)
- The last time most people have talked to an actual public education expert was when they were in the Principal’s office as a high school student. (By @LYSNation)
- Winning means you’re willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else. -Vince Lombardi (By @CoachMotto)
- I swear Florida could be voting between ice cream and a kick to the head and the results would be 50.5%-49.5%. (By @BenjaminEPark)
- Politicians misattribute the enriched life experience advantage as an indicator of a quality school, which it is not. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant / Aspiring Principal Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; TASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.