With every school I work with at some point a conversation about student grades will come up. Because every school I have ever worked with does NOT grade student achievement fairly and accurately.
By the way, that is fact… Not opinion.
Now I know you are upset and are about to either hit the unsubscribe button or write a comment that explains in detail how accurate and objective the grading policy is at your school. Don’t do either. Just know that almost all reported grades have elements of subjectivity.
In fact, I have learned there are only two grades that accurately paint a picture of the student.
These are the overall semester grades of 70 and 69.
The student who earns an overall semester grade of a 70 is a decent, agreeable kid.
The student who earns an overall semester grade of a 69 is kind of a jerk.
“I can’t believe I failed with a 69.”
“Really, Mr. Cain? Because none of your teachers are surprised.”
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Workshop (Keynote); NASSP National Principals Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – Five Fest 2019 Edition October 30, 2019
- Just 4 Days Away – The Fundamental 5 National Summit October 23, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – October 21, 2019 October 21, 2019
- A Reader Asks… PowerWalks and The Fundamental 5 October 17, 2019