On August 25, 2017, Aransas County Independent School was Ground Zero for Hurricane Harvey. To assist the district in its rebuilding LYS announced the PowerWalks Hurricane Relief Challenge which was supposed to run from August 25 to September 30, 2017. And the LYS Nation stepped up!
Then Hurricanes Irma and Maria ransacked Florida and Puerto Rico. So, LYS extended the PowerWalks Hurricane Relief Challenge through October 31, 2017. And the LYS Nation stepped up!
But in October the extent of the devastation that occurred in both Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands due to the hurricanes was revealed. So, LYS announced that the PowerWalks Hurricane Relief Challenge would be extended through December 22, 2017. And the nickels keep adding up. Here are the current donation totals:
August 2017: 5,211 PowerWalks classroom visits, generating a donation of $300.00
September 2017: 39,135 PowerWalks classroom visits, generating a donation of $2,000.00
October 2017: 49,222 PowerWalks classroom visits, generating a donation of $2,500.00
November 2017: 37,238 PowerWalks classroom visits generating a donation of $1,900.00
December 2017 (In Progress): 10,571 PowerWalks classroom visits generating a donation of $528.55
So far, the current donation total for the PowerWalks Hurricane Relief Challenge is $7,228.55
As proof that the LYS Nation is going above and beyond to meet this challenge, we’ll share some historical numbers. From August 25, 2016 to December 1, 2016 there were 74,914 classroom observations completed. This is a number that no other group of schools can match. Unless the comparison group is made up of motivated LYSers.
Because LYS Nation, from August 25, 2017 to December 8, 2017 you have now conducted 141,810 PowerWalks! Don’t stop now!
Keep Stepping Up!
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Workshop (Keynote)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- State Of The Blog – The Last 100 Posts (2,800 And Counting) November 19, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 18, 2019 November 18, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019