A LYS Superintendent shares the following:
I was recently listening to a principal discuss The Foundation Trinity with a group of teachers during professional development. The principal concluded that the success of the campus was due to implementation of The Foundation Trinity.
My response… “Sort of.”
Certainly, The Foundation Trinity is an excellent system, but simply going through the motions is not enough. Just as The Fundamental 5 can have an impact on instruction. But in isolation, that’s not enough.
The Foundation Trinity is a system that if worked properly will identify the strengths and weaknesses in your school. But so what? Too many people stop there, but that is where the real work begins. Because the real question is, what are you going to do to address the problems identified by The Foundation Trinity?
In too many cases, the answer is virtually nothing.
So, don’t deceive yourself into thinking that doing Common Assessments, Power Walks, and The Fundamental 5 are enough. Those are the core components of your system and will identify who is learning, who is not learning, and why. The real question is, what are you going to do about it?
Think. Work. Achieve.
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – Five Fest 2019 Edition October 30, 2019
- Just 4 Days Away – The Fundamental 5 National Summit October 23, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – October 21, 2019 October 21, 2019
- A Reader Asks… PowerWalks and The Fundamental 5 October 17, 2019