It always amazes me how often campus operations and practices are left to chance. We hire staff and then hope that thru luck and osmosis, the new hire will know what to do. There is a better way. Implement a new hire induction program.
Because an induction program ensure that new hires integrate successfully into the team, are familiar with fundamental practices and expectations, and quickly become assets to the organization. Induction topics should include (at the very least):
- Curriculum source and resources
- Instructional planning practices
- Discipline management practices
- Instructional delivery practices
- Grading policies and practices
Don’t leave the successful integration of new members of your team to chance. Induct and keep your campus moving forward at full speed.
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook