Pop open the bottles of bubbly! The schools of Cleveland ISD have made tremendous gains, with Cleveland Middle School (CISD) earning all 7 academic distinctions they were eligible for during the 2016/2017 school year! Below are the highlights from the Houston Chronicle article by Vanesa Brashier (8/21/17).
… Accountability ratings released by the Texas Education Agency show significant gains for Cleveland ISD. All of the district’s campuses achieved the highest accountability rating of “Met Standard” with one campus — Cleveland Middle School — earning distinctions in all seven areas of testing. The distinctions are for English-Language Arts-Reading, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Top 25 Percent Student Progress, Top 25 Percent Closing Performance Gaps and Postsecondary Readiness.
Eastside Intermediate School earned distinctions for mathematics, Top 25 Percent Student Progress, Top 25 Percent Closing Performance Gaps and Postsecondary Readiness.
Northside Elementary School received distinctions for mathematics and Top 25 Percent Student Progress.
“I am ecstatic about the results. I am proud of our staff and faculty. Cleveland ISD has the hardest-working faculty I’ve been around and I mean that,” said Superintendent Dr. Darrell Myers. “We will continue to get better and better. We are starting to see the results of seeds the faculty planted over the last couple of years.”
When asked about the secret to success for Cleveland ISD, Maria Silva, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction, gave credit to The Fundamental 5 (Cain & Laird), a framework for instructional delivery, introduced by Dr. Myers and implemented by the CISD staff when he became superintendent…
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- State Of The Blog – The Last 100 Posts (2,800 And Counting) November 19, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 18, 2019 November 18, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019