It’s time for another episode of LYS Uncomfortable Truth. I have been on more than one campus recently that are administering assessments that are not aligned to the district scope and sequence. And when I ask who set this up, the answer runs the gambit from Central Office, to the Principal, to yes, even the teachers.
Now, I’m going to try to be tactful. The use of unaligned assessments is stupid and a waste of valuable instructional time. Now save your excuses because I’m going to explain what you are actually doing in Coach Speak.
All right team, we got a big football game coming up next week against the hated (insert your rival here). Win, we go to the playoffs. Lose, and our season is over. I have a plan to make sure we are ready. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we are going to work on blocking, tackling, passing, catching and running our offensive and defensive plays. We’re going to focus and execute to the best of our abilities.
And I have a secret strategy. On Thursday, the day before the biggest football game of the season, I going to have the BASKETBALL coaches come and work with us. They are going to test us on free throws, dribbling, and lay-ups. Then we’re going to use the basketball test results to finalize our football game plan for Friday night.
I’ve thought this thru and this plan is brilliant. Trust me, I’m a professional.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASCD Summer Conference, The National Principals Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- State Of The Blog – The Last 100 Posts (2,800 And Counting) November 19, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 18, 2019 November 18, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019