A LYS Teacher asks the following question:
When I’m working one-on-one with a student, am I in the Power Zone?
SC Response Here is the definition of the Power Zone: Teaching or monitoring in close proximity to one or more students.
This means that if the teacher in working one-on-one with a student, she is in the Power Zone.
If the teacher in working with a small group of students, she is in the Power Zone.
If the teacher is working the whole room during a whole group activity, she is in the Power Zone.
The only caveat is this, by definition, I could work with a single student for the entire period and be considered to be working in the Power Zone. However, every other student in my room might beg to differ. A little mobility significantly leverages the power of the Power Zone.
I hope this helps.
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Texas ASCD Summer Conference, The National Principals Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – Five Fest 2019 Edition October 30, 2019
- Just 4 Days Away – The Fundamental 5 National Summit October 23, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – October 21, 2019 October 21, 2019
- A Reader Asks… PowerWalks and The Fundamental 5 October 17, 2019