A LYS Assistant Superintendent asks the following:
SC, The following question was asked during a Principals’ meeting. What would have been your answer?
“Once the teachers turn in their checkpoint analysis forms to their principals on Friday, and administrators have a chance to look at the information… What should the principals do with the field analysis to better prepare for the follow-up data meetings with teachers?
SC Response Here is the short, “nuts and bolts” answer.
1. The Principal should identify the deepest holes for the content / grade level.
2. The Principal should see if anything “jumps out.” Is there a teacher experiencing a relative strength or weakness? Is there a particular grade level or content that is doing significantly better or worse than other grades / contents? Etc., etc.
3. Is there a pattern or trend that is emerging that needs to be leveraged or remediated?
Anything more with short-cycle data is probably just busy work.
I hope this helps.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Multiple Presentations); American Association of School Administrators Conference; National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook