With the upcoming school year, commit to the following on Day 1 to have your best year ever.
1. Start with your room clean and organized and keep it that way, every day, all year long.
2. Start using a timer. Use it for warm-ups, direct instruction, guided practice and most importantly, to remind you to close your lesson.
3. Embed The Fundamental 5 in every lesson, every day.
4. Close every lesson (appropriately), every day. If you do not close your lesson appropriately, retention is significantly hampered for every student in your classroom.
The consistent implementation of this simple list sets you up for being your most effective you!
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Illinois ASCD Fall Conference (Multiple Presentations), Texas Elementary Principals and Supervisors Association Fall AP Conference, The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Multiple Presentations); National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations); American Association of School Administrators Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook