In response to the 1/28/2014 post, “The Fundamental 5 in an Elective Class,” a LYS Fine Arts Supervisor shares:
I had to print this one! I am going to give copies our district’s Fine Arts teachers the next time I get to meet with them.
SC Response Great! We have found that some of the biggest “Local Heroes” when it comes to Fundamental 5 implementation have been the elective teachers. Especially art teachers, band directors and vocational teachers. If you teach performance-based subjects, intuitively the Fundamental 5 makes sense. It takes great teaching to get students to exceed in performance settings and the rubrics of success for these teachers is greater than the typical classroom. Don’t believe me? Consider this, an essay that scores a 90 is pretty good. The band that hits 90% of the notes in a piece of music is pretty bad.
Bottom line, The Fundamental 5 is just solid teaching and coaching in all settings and classes.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: TASSP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); Texas ASCD Summer Conference; ESC 14 Sumer Conference (Keynote Presentation); ESC 11 Summer Conference (Keynote Presentation); NEASP National Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote Presentation)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook