In response to the 2/19/14 post, “HS Math Lesson Frames,” a reader writes
I was so glad to see this question and response because it is exactly what I want to coach my teachers on, especially the closing question.
Thank you, LYS!
SC Response Glad to be of assistance. Framing is a practice that as educators we are all aware of, a few of us do regularly, and a handful of us execute masterfully. And the critical variable between the levels is purposeful practice. Like the NIKE ad states, “Just Do It!”
…And insist that your teachers actually read (or better yet, reread) the book, TheFundamental 5.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: TASSP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); NEASP National Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote Presentation)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook