A LYS Principal asks the following:
When a teacher is administering a test during the day’s class, what would you suggest the Lesson Frame (We will… / I will…) look like?
Thanks for your help.
SC Response If the teacher posts a test day Lesson Frame (which is optional, but recommended) we suggest that she use the frame to motivate and set a goal. For example:
We will use our enormous brains to easily solve a myriad of Algebra problems.
I will score at least an 85 on the Algebra test.
This allows the teacher to leverage the power of positive messaging and expectations. And it can be fun. A classroom Win/Win!
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: NASSP National Conference; The 21st Century High School Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook