A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of August 25, 2013.
1. Dear Moms of Kindergarteners: They will be fine! No crying! (By @DrSusanHull)
2. Great teachers don’t let the stupid actions of their kids get in the way of the future of their kids. (By @LYSNation)
3. Just asked a kindergartener what he wanted to be someday. He said a NINJA! Great answer! We have enough lawyers. We need some ninjas!! (By @EkCoulson)
4. Forgot what teaching does to your feet! Getting back into Power Zone shape! (By @DanellaWheeler)
5. Lesson Framing sets the path. “We will,” tells where we’re going. “I will,” tells if the learner has arrived! (By @CabidaCain)
6. Have to remember that naysayers are often the vocal minority. Listen but stay focused on the positive. (By @RandyMBrown)
8. Formative assessments are not a part of the grading process; they are a part of the instructional process… (By @justintarte)
9. Just sat in the most useful training session with LYS Coach, Sean Cain. Can’t wait to put The Fundamental 5 into action this year. (By @nightlight08)
10. Principals, Feed your teachers every chance you get. Prevents them from eating the kids. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook