A new LYS’er submits the following:
By far, Fundamental 5 training is the most valuable teacher training I have ever been a part of. I graduated from (A PROMINENT UNIVERSITY) in the 90’s and what I learned from the Fundamental 5 is better than any methods course I took. The Fundamental 5 should be a required course for all education majors. And why no one else delivers training like LYS does is ludicrous. The LYS method gives us (teachers) them time to practice and focus on improving a few things, as we continue to teach.
SC Response Awesome! You are the winner of my “Favorite Teacher of the Week” designation. You have validated our intent in everything we do relating to the Fundamental 5.
When Dr. Laird and I wrote the book, obviously our intent was to share the results of our research. But we wanted to do so in a way that was clear to the practitioner. We wanted to give our audience what we asked for when we were teachers; an actionable plan for accomplishing everything we want to accomplish in our classrooms, how to do it and why it works.
When the LYS team designed the training, our intent was to not waste teacher time, district money or our effort. So we embed training to give teachers a chance to actually improve their practice, while continuing to manage the dynamic system that is daily classroom instruction. Again, a by-product of LYS being a practitioner’s organization that spends the majority of its time on campuses and in classrooms.
We have found that there are more “efficient” ways to deliver information but our process is the most effective way to help teachers and by extension, improve opportunities for students.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook