A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of May 12, 2013.
1. Students in Mr. Stovall’s math class. “When we write about it, it makes it click in our head.” And, “Yeah, I remember it better this year.”
2. Is it critical thinking when we constantly tell our students what to do instead of giving them the autonomy to show what they can do? (By @DrJerryRBurkett)
3. Your weekly reminder: It is amazing what happens to instructional rigor when you have students talk purposefully and write critically.
4. Every year I observe that the increase in student discipline issues in May are driven by the lack of instruction and purpose in the classroom.
5. Just because the students in the back of the room are working on SOME thing doesn’t mean that they are working on YOUR thing. Work the Power Zone.
6. Let’s be honest about our practice. In class we’re not “Giving students some free time.” What we’re doing is “Stealing student opportunity.”
7. A big difference between integrating and infusing technology. What are students doing with the technology? That is what matters. (By @johnfalino1)
8. Of course I believe in luck. Because with hard work, preparation and flexible thinking I manufacture it daily, by the truck load.
9. If you don’t close your lessons, you have to own the lack of retention that is impeding the performance of your students.
10. What could you and your students do with an extra 18 days of instruction? That’s what you give away in a year when you end 5 minutes early each class.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook