A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of March 31, 2013.
1. No research supports low grades prompt students to try harder. Low grades prompt students to withdraw from learning. (By @kimbarker25)
2. E. Don Brown: “People do computer interventions so they can say they tried something. Cheaper than a teacher and gives the appearance of effort.” (By @txschoolsupe)
3. Students in grades 5 & 8 will have to pass STAAR this year for automatic promotion, TEA chief rules. The one-year reprieve was just that. (By @e_mellon)
4. If you aren’t making a conscious effort to get better, you’re becoming less relevant because those around you are moving rapidly ahead. (By @hjgrubbs)
5. We all know that an effective teacher will outperform an ineffective one. But an ineffective teacher with the right tools can keep pace.
6. Systems matter. That’s why the implementation of the Foundation Trinity is so critical. It moves teachers up at least one stratum.
7. Administrators can minimize the fears faced by many educators with clear communication, targeted professional development and empathy. (By @gunnellAP)
8. People are missing the point. A-F school rating is not meaningful or useful if no one understands what it takes to earn the rating. (By @txschoolsupe)
9. Getting better with experience is part of the learning process, and it takes time. We MUST allow students and teachers time needed to grow. (By @Shakespeare72)
10. Telling Isn’t Training! (By @DrRichAllen)
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook