A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of March 24, 2013.
1. You should start every campus meeting with this quote. “It is amazing what happens to rigor when you let students talk to each other and write.”
2. Ms. Peters’ kindergarten class (RES) is writing and discussing in small groups. So why can’t we do this in secondary? Oh, she also is a Recognition and Reinforcement machine.
3. Rigor is driven by high quality instruction and higher order thinking. Rigor is not driven by testing. (By @Dr. JerryRBurkett)
4. Using the Bloom’s Taxonomy chart has been vital in planning my Lesson Frames. Enjoying this new way of planning. (By @Dfaykus)
5. Here’s an easy way to ensure that student retention is always low! Never close your lesson!!!
6. How come when it is time for review, teachers select the lowest yield instructional practices in their toolbox?
7. When did simple disagreement become hate? What message are we sending to our youth? (By @cheadhorn)
8. The message we are sending is… You are entitled to one opinion… Mine. (By @cheadhorn)
9. Want to ensure that you work harder than you need to? Don’t close your lesson. At least you’ll know what you will be re-teaching tomorrow.
10. If CSCOPE is from the devil, then the Texas Legislature should fund a full Curriculum & Instruction team for each district. Texas Legislature, your thoughts? (By @friEdTechnology)
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook