A principal who recently began to implement LYS practices on her campus writes:
Since seeing your presentation, my Assistant Principal and I have implemented the five daily walk-thru’s (classroom observations) that you recommend. We love it! Since this implementation, our discipline has improved as well as instruction. We are working with our marginal teachers without forgetting our best teachers and making them all better!
You were a definite inspiration to us and you continue to be as we throw your name around (I hope that’s okay!).
Thank you and continued success to you and yours!
SC Response Thank you for your kind words and quick status report. As instructional leaders we add value when we cue new behaviors, problem solve and coach staff. All of this begins with daily, focused classroom observations (Best tool – PowerWalks). If we are not doing this, at best we are operations managers. Throw in the added bonus of decreased discipline issues (reductions of up to 75%) and the question for campus administrators becomes, “How can you not observe classrooms everyday?”
And yes, feel drop my name anywhere you want to. There is no better endorsement.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook