In response to the 2/7/13 post, “The Superintendent’s Corner… CSCOPE,” a LYS Principal writes:
If you truly base your use of CSCOPE on the Foundation Trinity and improve instruction with the Fundamental Five – the pain will be less and the future will be brighter. The only conspiracy theory I believe is that the legislature wants to use public money for private and for-profit schools. They have declared war on public education and this is one more attempt to take away a tool that they do not control. A tool that is extremely effective when used properly.
Just my thoughts.
SC Response I cannot disagree with anything that you wrote. Here is what is madding for those who believe in responsible government. CSCOPE is an excellent use of taxpayer dollars. Instead of every district attempting to reinvent the wheel in the form of a standards aligned scope and sequence (which represents a colossal waste of money) districts simply join the CSCOPE cooperative (which represents a colossal savings of money). Sounds like a win to me. Unless you want public schools to fail to further the agenda of those who fund your election campaigns.
I openly weep for my state for its dearth of statesmen and public-minded leaders in the halls of power. I pray that we can recover from the wounds they inflict.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook