A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of March 17, 2013.
1. Ms. Pape at RFJH was 5 for 5 on the Fundamental 5 when I was in her classroom today! It was a beautiful sight!
2. It’s amazing what happens to rigor when you let students just talk and write.
3. Odds of a high school football player making it to NFL – 6,000 to 1! 0.1% of kids who participate in sports receive a college scholarship! Change priorities! (By @CaochB1963)
4. Visited Vanston Middle School and saw multiple examples of the Fundamental 5. Also observed dissection of chicken leg. Nice job Vikings. (By @LindaHenrie1)
5. Ms. Sullivan at RFJH is a Recognition & Reinforcement machine. Her hard work is rewarded by even harder work by her students.
6. Ms. Chancellor’s (RFJH) secret for closing her lessons – she actually checks her watch to keep track of time. How crazy is that?
7. Had my monthly faculty meeting during planning times today. Great way to hear from teachers! Smaller numbers = great, purposeful talk. (By @hola_alfredo)
8. Mr. Byrom (RFJH) is letting his 8th grade students research their discussion topics on their cell phones. And the class didn’t turn into a riot.
9. Texas schools have lost almost 1/3 of funding since 2009, although growing about 80,000 kids a year. Manufactured crisis with austerity. (By @TXKidsCantWait)
10. Arguing not to fund struggling schools is like saying, “Why fund the police, there is still so much crime.” (By @GeneforTexas)
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook