A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of January 27, 2013.
1. Today (1/31/2013), The Fundamental 5 (Cain & Laird) is the best selling education leadership book on Kindle! Thank you LYS Nation!
2. I’ve seen lesson frames, work in the power zone, small group discussion, critical writing, and technology used to research and collaborate! And it’s only 10 am!!! (By @tjadams105)
3. I just observed Coach Swick (Farley MS) close his science lesson with a critical writing activity. This is the best (and only) close I have seen in the New Year!
4. Close your eyes… If your classroom looks just like the classrooms when you were in school, you might want to consider a makeover. (By @justintarte)
5. PowerWalks are transforming our campus. Teachers expect to see an administrator in their classroom everyday. Disappointed when we don’t visit. (By @blitzkrieg607)
6. BYOT and BYOD (Bring Your Own Technology / Device) aren’t about implementation; it’s about an end of prohibition! (By @tra_hall)
7. If you grade everything, you are sending a very loud and clear message to your students; grades matter, learning is secondary… (By @justintarte)
8. Be careful who you share your weaknesses with. Some people can’t wait to use them against you! (By @coachwrong)
9. 4.4 million people living in poverty and Governor Perry does not want to invest in Medicaid or education. (By @DrJerryRBurkett)
10. The Fundamental 5 (Cain & Laird) just rocketed past 26,000 copies sold! Again, thank you LYS Nation!!!
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations), Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation