A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of February 3, 2013.
1. Education should not be the place to cut corners if the state wants to achieve its ambitious economic goals. (By @RYHTexas)
2. Inadequate. Inequitable. Unconstitutional. That about says it. (By @Snowmanlearning)
3. I don’t mind paying taxes even though I have no kids in school. Keeps me from having to live in a country full of dummies. (By @BKPRADIO)
4. Visited Motley Elem this morning. Lesson frames in every classroom. Also small group purposeful talk. Way to go! (By @LindaHenrie1)
5. Teachers must be experts in the HOW of instruction not the WHAT and WHEN. Frame it and teach! (By @hjgrubbs)
6. Coach S is taking attendance on her phone while monitoring her student’s warm-up… in the Power Zone. (By @brandyjbaker)
7. Had a great day with 300 school leaders from Mesquite ISD! Welcome to the LYS Nation!
8. Privatizers try to scare parents into private/parochial schools. Real danger is not supporting public schools for all. (By @TXKidsCantWait)
9. Note how privatizers try to de-professionalize teaching—to justify much lower salaries & no retirement annuities. (By @TXKidsCantWait)
10. For the people who say it’s not the gun, it’s the person… What if it is both?
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations), Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like LYS on Facebook