Hello, LYS Nation. This is the 1,200th post to the column, so as has become a tradition, we will review our progress.
First, the review:
The 1st post was on Monday, February 16, 2009.
The 100th post was on April 14, 2009.
The 200th post was on June 10, 2009
The 300th post was on September 2, 2009
The 400th post was on December 16, 2009
The 500th post was on April 7, 2010
The 600th post was on August 2, 2010
The 700th post was on December 17, 2010
The 800th post was on May 17, 2011
The 900th post was on October 5, 2011
The 1,000th post was on March 7, 2012
The 1,100th post was on August 24, 2012
The 1,200th post is today, February 1, 2013
The 1,200 posts represent more than 1,450 pages of single spaced text. This is the equivalent of about a 5,800-page book.
The top 10 posts, in terms of distribution, have been:
1. You 6-step STAAR Preparation Strategy (12/14/2012) 2. Campus Security Checklist (12/18/2012) 3. A New Principal Asks… Student Apathy (3/29/2012) 4. Early Voting – The “Pro School” Litmus Test (10/22/12) 5. A Reader Asks… Administrator Dress Code (8/15/2012) 6. A Reader Writes… Getting Rid of ISS – Part 1 (1/16/2013) 7. A LYSer Submits… The Hidden Agenda of Choice (10/25/12) 8. A Reader Writes… Our Anti-Public School Leaders – Part 1 (9/27/2012) 9. A Reader Asks… Modeling Examples (8/25/11) 10. A Superintendent Submits… The Common Assessment Process (11/9/2012)
There have been over 199,180 page hits.
There are 1,314 e-mail subscribers. Thank you!
There are now international readers and e-mail subscribers, with the following 30 countries represented: Australia, Belarus, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Japan, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, and U.S. Virgin Islands
All of this is incredibly exciting; especially when you consider that not too long ago ago, every number was 0.
A Little Blatant Self Promotion:
First, if you like the blog and you haven’t signed up for the e-mail subscription, please do so. I find that it’s easier to write to people than it is to write to web hits.
Second, if you like the blog and find it useful, tell three other people. This blog is a much more powerful resource for school improvement when it is a dialogue.
Third, if you have not sent in a comment yet, please do so. Education research points out that the act of critical writing actually makes the learner smarter. Let the blog assist you in sharpening your saw.
Thank you so much for reading and responding. This network, which started out as a way for just a handful of principals to stay connected has turned into a small nation of board members, central office administrators, campus leaders, and teachers who are focused on redefining what students are capable of. Who knows what we will discuss in the next 100 posts.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: North Dakota Principals Association Conference (Keynote Speaker), TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations), Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation