A LYS teacher writes:
I often share your the blog posts. You worked with us when we had a different principal and I found the things you showed us to be valid and useful. I have even de-nested as much as I could tolerate. I stay on my feet and in the mix about 85% of a class period…making progress I guess you could say. Still have a long way to go. I forward many of the LYS posts to my current principal. He is a very data-driven guy who cares about the students first and the teachers second, just as he should, but he does genuinely care about all of us. He works to help make us successful at making kids successful. I will continue to send him your posts, especially the ones regarding using bootleg technology, dress code, etc. You guys are doing such great things…keep it up!
I just printed the list of folks who gutted education funding in Texas to take with me when I go vote.
SC Response Thank you!!!
I am glad that you find the blog useful. We know that the norm is for teachers and campuses to work in isolation. Trying to solve every problem on your own. Even when you are fortunate enough to receive some useful external support, that support invariably too little and too late. So we use our books, blog, twitter feed and conference presentations to help those who are forced to be self-sufficient but understand that accessing a network of similar minder educators is the difference between debilitating frustration and incremental improvement. It is much easier to maintain an effective classroom environment, implement the Fundamental 5, and introduce bootleg technology to your class when you know that you aren’t alone in these endeavors. Thank you for reading and your daily service to students!
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Region 10 ESC Fall Leadership Conference (Keynote), TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation