A principal shares his first year results after working with LYS.
I just retired from XYZ school district, a district that you worked with two years ago. As you remember, I was hired to take over an Academically Unacceptable middle school. As a result of LYS support, the campus went from low performing to within three students in one student group of being a Recognized campus. I have attached some charts that illustrate the gains we made in each subject area in just one year. If anyone ever doubts the power of LYS coaching and the Fundamental 5, share our results.
Year One Growth With LYS
|READING SCORES||Before LYS||After LYS||Improvement|
|MATH SCORES||Before LYS||After LYS||Improvement|
|SCIENCE SCORES||Before LYS||After LYS||Improvement|
|HISTORY SCORES||Before LYS||After LYS||Improvement|
SC Response Thanks for sharing! But you give us too much credit. Yes, coaching and support are important, but you and your staff had to execute the plan with fidelity and urgency. Simply put, “If you don’t work the plan, the plan won’t work.” As such, the improvement actually reflects the commitment and hard work of your staff, students and you.
I can think of nothing more exciting and inspiring.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation