The following is an excerpt from the Hutto High School staff newsletter. The staff is aggressively working to better implement the Fundamental 5 this year. The graph is a PowerWalks report, showing baseline observation data from the month of September. This LYS Campus is not messing around.
Changing practices and habits can take time and lots of opportunities to practice. Because we are truly committed to improving the craft of instruction, it’s now time for us to take our learning and apply in to our practice. So, over the next two weeks, our Instructional Leadership Team will provide you with cues and reinforcements that will help refine and increase the effectiveness of our Lesson Framing.
What cues are we talking about? It’s quite simple. When someone, anyone walks into your classroom, consider doing the following – Refer Back To Your Lesson Frame.
Want to kill two birds with one stone? Mr. Coy suggests that you refer back to your Lesson Frame while Reinforcing student effort. Check it out… “Great job! I really like how you remembered to carry your numbers. This shows that you are beginning to understand addition.”
Elementary… but you get the point!
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Region 10 ESC Fall Leadership Conference (Keynote), Advancing Improvement in Education Conference (Multiple Presentations), TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation