A LYS Assistant Superintendent shares the following:
I was sitting in on a PLC meeting at one of our campuses as teachers were discussing the continuous refinement of the Fundamental 5 in our classrooms. The conversations were as powerful as any I have been a part of in a PLC, but there were two teacher comments that I have to share with you.
1. “I never thought about Framing my Lesson before this year. Now, I can’t imagine teaching anything without it!”
2. “The Power Zone is more than just walking around. It is walking around your class with a purpose and focus.”
SC Response Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work. The shared focus of central office, campus administrations and teachers on the daily execution of great instruction in all of your classrooms is not only inspiring, it is beginning to pay dividend that were unimaginable even just last semester.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Region 10 ESC Fall Leadership Conference (Keynote), TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation