An old school LYSer (and first year principal) shares his end of year results:
The Foundation Trinity rocks Wyoming
As first year principal I did exactly what I told my Superintendent that I would do. My staff and I implemented the Foundation Trinity with singular focus, fidelity, and urgency. No buy in, just explain, train and do (just like you, Brezina, and Brown trained me). Here are our year one results:
1. Attendance increased from 88% to 93% 2. Discipline referrals dropped nearly 50% 3. State Standardized Reading scores went up 11% 4. State Standardized Math scores went up 11% 5. ACT average score went from 19 to 21 6. 90% of our student received college credit on their AP tests (national average is 57%) 7. Six teachers decided to leave.
My unbiased opinion, the Foundation Trinity kicks ass in any state, district or school when done purposefully and with fidelity.
SC Response Yet another proof point that adult practice drives student performance.
Not funding, not demographics, not parents, and not a bunch of new teachers. Those things might make the work more or less difficult, but it is the work that is the difference maker.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Livingston ISD Leadership Team Kickoff, Channelview ISD Leadership Team Kickoff, Comal ISD, Leadership Team Kickoff, Bushland ISD Staff Kickoff, Canadian ISD Staff Kickoff, Highland Park ISD Staff Kickoff, Sunray ISD Staff Kickoff, Region 10 ESC Fall Leadership Conference (Keynote), Advancing Improvement in Education Conference (Multiple Presentations), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation