Lead Your School represents a cadre of educators from across the country that are driven to maximize student opportunities and to lead the profession by example and action. @LYSNation is one way to share information, ideas, and reflections with those incredible teachers and school leaders. These are the Top 10 tweets shared in the past week.
- Wear your mask. This isn’t about politics. It’s about SCIENCE. Protect others. Protect yourself. Help slow the spread of Covid-19. (By @GavinNewsome)
- Do your part. Show respect. Wear a mask. This means you. (By @NYGovCuomo)
- Polarization of measures around masks and social distancing is complicating the process of reopening for districts. (By @tgrierhisd)
- If you don’t like wearing a mask, you’re really not going to like wearing a ventilator. (By @HeathMayo)
- I’m concerned with how little the safety of teachers, administrators, and support staff are discussed in the conversation about safely reopening schools in the fall. Student learning is absolutely a priority, and the health of the adults facilitating that learning should be important, too. (By @sydneycjensen)
- Schools are re-opening…learn how to keep your students and staff safe and healthy. The Reboot: School Operations in an Unpredictable World (Cain and Laird). Get your copy at ED311.com (By @ED311News)
- PSA: To be brutally honest, we need everyone to act now. We’re seeing a significant rise in cases and that has to change for us to go back to face-to-face instruction Please practice social distancing and wear a face covering now. We REALLY want to see our kiddos on August 10th. (By @FCSSuptLooney)
- Wearing a masks saves lives. This shouldn’t be controversial. (By @ProjectLincoln)
- Lots of schools are counting on a return to in-person instruction this fall. But with COVID-19 surging in numerous states, schools need to plan for different scenarios. The M-F, 8-3 schedule for everyone won’t be making a full comeback.(By @tgrierhisd)
- Anyone else be watching TV and randomly catch themselves thinking, “Why are they not socially distancing?” (By @TeachMrReed)
Lead Your School and Wash Your Hands!
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.