If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- The Idea Charter Schools CEO received more than $550,000 in total compensation in 2017. The president and superintendent of IDEA received more than $400,000 that same year. These salaries are significantly greater than those of typical school district leaders.” (By @pastors4txkids)
- How about state leaders demand same transparency for these FOR—PROFIT public schools as they do of our neighborhood ISD’s? Yes, charter schools are funded by taxpayers while operators pocket profits. (By @smilder)
- “Children and schools need stability, not disruption. They need experienced teachers and well-maintained schools. All children need schools that have a nurse, counselors, and a library with a librarian.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- When people talk about getting prayer back in school, it reminds me of a line from the play, Hadestown. “Those who tell the lies are the solemnest to swear.” Prayer never left Texas public schools. schools. It happens EVERY DAY! (By @RatliffT)
- Small group instruction and Frequent Small Group Purposeful Talk are the rule of the day during our Super Saturday School. (By @Bmooy_JDS)
- Hit the highlights. No one cares about the backstory except you. Some detail adds color. Too much is a snoozer. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- “’Religious teachings should be funded by voluntary contributions, not through compulsory taxation.’ That arrangement protects the conscience of taxpayers and the integrity of religious school alike.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- Watch out for Texas Legislature candidates trumping their support for public education when they vote consistently for vouchers. And do NOT let them off the hook when they argue, ridiculously, that tuition tax credits and opportunity scholarships aren’t vouchers. (By @pastors4txkids)
- The best leaders rely on inspired standards, versus charisma, as a call to action. They channel ambition into their organization, not into themselves. Credit is always given to others; never to themselves. And, they are fearless. (by @tgrierhisd)
- If you want to be a Champion, you’ve got to feel like one, you’ve got to act like one. (By @CoachKWisdom)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Conference; ASCD Empower Conference; TASSP Summer Conference (Keynote); NAESP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP Summer Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.