Lead Your School represents a cadre of educators from across the country that are driven to maximize student opportunities and to lead the profession by example and action. @LYSNation is one way to share information, ideas, and reflections with those incredible teachers and school leaders. These are the Top 10 tweets shared in the past week.
- Here’s the bottom line. senator ted cruz abandoned his post and then lied about it. I know a principal who got fired because he left a school dance early. cruz left as his constituents were dying. Reprehensible and unforgivable. (By @LYSNation)
- Vouchers “will not benefit low-income students, will not improve academic achievement, will not protect students from discrimination, will not be transparent and accountable to taxpayers, will undermine funding for public schools…” (By pastors4OKkids)
- “Vouchers are now a dominant source of funding for many churches; parishes in our sample running voucher-accepting schools get more revenue from vouchers than from worshipers.” How is this NOT a state sponsored church? (By pastors4OKkids)
- Prioritize the vaccination of teachers, regardless of age, TODAY. (By @SethMacFarlane)
- “The Federal voucher program supported by many conservatives is little more than another tax-funded welfare program establishing an entitlement to a private school education.” -Ron Paul, 2003 (By pastors4OKkids)
- We unequivocally opposes all voucher legislation because it takes away from the high quality public education promised to every child in Florida. (By @pastors4flkids)
- Volatile bosses create eggshell environments. (By @Leadershipfreak
- If you are an educator and your passion isn’t human potential, I’m afraid you’ve chosen the wrong line of work. (By @flyingmonkey13)
- About 40% of the nation’s coronavirus deaths could have been prevented if the United States’ average death rate matched other industrialized nations, a new Lancet Commission report has found. (By @tgrierhisd)
- Recently chatted with a Texas teacher who reminded me that Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick promised every teacher in Texas a $10,000 raise in his desperate attempt to save his political hide. He eked out a victory against me then promptly forgot on his pledge. He is Dan Patrick, after all. (By @CollierForTexas)
Lead Your School and Wash Your Hands!
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.