If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- “On the surface of it, school choice sounds like a great idea… In reality, it’s just a scam to make private schools cheaper for rich people.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- Students deserve a school that acts quickly to implement new ideas that impact students in a positive way. Putting it off until later is comfortable for adults but is rarely good for students. (By @bjohnsonEDU)
- If relationships are so important to student success and class management then why do we spend almost no time training future teachers in how to develop and handle these relationships with students? Even in mentoring new teachers it’s rarely a focus. Shouldn’t this be a priority. (By @DrBradJohnson)
- “These government payouts seek to fill in for faith. They whisper from the shadows that they are the answer to the problems of funding a Christian school. God does not need vouchers.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- Teachers with few behavior problems in class have the following in common: 1. Provides very little down time. 2. Mingles with kids before class. 3. Asks lots of questions. 4. Rarely gets offended. 5. Switches up teaching styles. (By @BrianMendler)
- The longer we do something the more likely we are to do it like we’ve always done it. If you aren’t feeling some discomfort, you aren’t improving. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- Extend trust if you want to build trust. Stop treating people like children. Delegate authority to qualified people – not tasks. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- We win our games in practice. We learn and follow the fundamentals of our game better than anyone in the league. All of our games are won in practice. –Vince Lombardi (By @CoachMotto)
- Life without uncertainty is boring. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- Educate the masses – it’s the only way to preserve our liberty! Public Education fulfills this dream better than any other system. (By @pastors4OKkids)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote); ASCD Empower Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.