If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- NEW Study Confirms: “There was also no evidence found to suggest that low-income children or children enrolled in urban schools benefit more from private school enrollment.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- Education is not a cost but an investment in the future of our state and nation. (By @pastors4OKkids)
- We all know that regression is a real thing. But, by our practice, will also believe that regression is not an issue for our most fragile learners. Evidently these students, who we all know on our campuses, magically PROGESS over the Summer. (By @LYSNation)
- Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments. (By @dw_dwr)
- The demagoguery now masquerading as leadership in American politics can only be defeated by one thing: An educated populace. (By @pastors4txkids)
- If a student can put up with the 4-yrs of drudgery and B.S. that makes up a lot of the high school experience, that student should get a high school diploma. Because the student has shown a level of persistence and has proven that he can work a menial job for a difficult boss. (By @LYSNation)
- I love data. I love the patterns. I love the disaggregation. I love it when it points us in the right direction. And, I especially love it when it’s wrong. It’s like real world Craps. (By @LYSNation)
- One of the best ways for schools to teach empathy, respect, tolerance, and compassion, is for adults to model these behaviors each and every day for our students. It can be easy to forget, but our students are always watching. (By @justontarte)
- Two basic, fundamental questions for educational leaders. Would I want my child to attend this school? Would I want my child in this teacher’s classroom? (By @tgrierhisd)
- In my experience the promotion in a new organization, while initially more scary, was always easier. Something to consider. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: FCSTAT Summer Conference (Keynote); Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote); ASCD Empower Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.