If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- “Only public schools can deliver on the promise of quality school choice with both transparency and accountability in the use of public dollars. Private school vouchers represent a failed experiment in educational autonomy. (By @pastors4OKkids)
- Varied denominations agree time and again. Christians have a moral duty to support our local public schools. (By @pastors4OKkids)
- The opposite of blame is responsibility. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- Sacrifice short-term comfort for end of the game success. (By @LYSNation)
- “Don’t give corporations and millionaires tax breaks for giving money to the schools they deem worthy. And don’t give it to private schools and claim that it’ll helps public schools.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- Whenever you catch a K-12 student engaged in academic cheating, there is some good news. At least the student cares enough to cheat. That beats the alternative. (By @LYSNation)
- Grading Practices That Discourage Growth Mindset: 1. Deducting points for late work; 2. Not allowing retakes; 3. Allowing retakes but averaging the attempt; 4. Grading for accuracy on 1st attempt. (By @WeinsteinEDU)
- Credit recovery programs cheapen the high school diploma… But it doesn’t matter. (By @LYSNation)
- The High School Diploma is a waypoint, not a destination. (By @LYSNation)
- The history of American Education includes a graveyard of good ideas condemned by pressure for fast results. (By DrMarkJGonyea)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Summer Conference; TEPSA Summer Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; NASSP Summer Conference; FCSTAT Summer Conference (Keynote); Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote); RISE Education Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.