If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- This 5th grade teacher gets it: “We can’t fund two different school systems. We can hardly afford one.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- “Public schools educate and serve all students. Imagine what they could do if they were fully funded!” (By @Ky4PublicSchls)
- Interesting perspective… “To take money from a poorly funded public school system that serves the child on the fringe of society to give a state tax credit to primarily middle class and upper class families is counter to my church’s teaching” (By @FTISSuper)
- No matter how the lyrics change, it’s always the same tune and our answer is the same. NO to vouchers and privatization schemes. (By @pastors4OKkids)
- The adoption of a new instructional practice generally requires an initial step backwards in the areas of competence and control. (By @LYSNation)
- Asking teachers to do ‘one more thing’ and not removing anything else from their plate doesn’t help anyone…ESPECIALLY students! (By @FixingEducation)
- Want your school to move forward, faster? Give your teachers honest permission to NOT be perfect all the time. (By @LYSNation)
- Not only does (USDOE Sec) Betsy DeVos want to cut the Education Department funding, she wants to send part of its reduced budget to religious schools. She has a mission, and it does not include public school students. (By @DianeRavitch)
- If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else. –Yogi Berra (By @CoachMotto)
- “Integrity is practicing your values, not just professing them.” (By @DrMetz_MHS)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Summer Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; NASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.